23 March 2012

Darker Creatures than Fae

I had planned on spending St. Patrick's Day weekend adding to my collection of Faerie sketches, and I will continue with that collection. However, I've spent most of the past week suffering from the flu, specifically Swine Flu, that's been passed around my department. We jokingly called it "The Pig Plague" due to how it made us all feel. And that was horrible.

So, couple that with watching some cheesy paranormal investigation shows, and you get this installment of my drawings. These are a bit darker than faeries; although faeries were traditionally pretty dark. I've named them the Soul Eater and the Soul Collector.





















The first, thanks to the uploader's alphabetizing feature, is the Soul Collector. He doesn't look terrible in appearance, and he likely wouldn't come across as evil. He's got a modified jeweler's monocle, which he uses to examine the purity and value of the souls he collects. What he does with them, I haven't decided yet as far as his story is concerned.

The second, the soul eater, is a monstrous little imp with blacked out eyes, claws, and a bloated stomach cursed to eternal hunger.

Other than that, I've been working on a new site for the web comic and a new logo. I'll post more information when I complete the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment