09 April 2012

So, It's Been a While

I know I haven't blogged or really just sketched in quite some time. It's been a hectic few weeks for me with conferences and coursework. But I've got some time now that Easter Break has finally arrived. Also, I've redone the entire Fur & N3rdy website, and I would love any readers here to give the site a visit, especially if you happen to enjoy video games and comic books.

But I'm back to sketching, and this time, I'm trying some new things. I'm trying a different way of drawing human faces, and I'm also working with using brush pens to color. I'm not a master at coloring inside the lines. I never have been, but I'm starting to get used to using them. I won't use them often for a while, but I will be slowly acclimating myself to their use.

And from the following drawing of a young girl, you can see how I'm slowly working with the brush pens. I originally envisioned something a bit darker and more supernatural, but it ended up somewhat cute. And while I'm not the biggest football fan in the SEC, you can see my Tiger pride in the color scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment