17 May 2012

Back to Normalcy?


So it's been a while. Yeah, the end of the semester always brings with it lovely events that infringe upon my free time: grading, my own work, oh, and the International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  I actually planned to blog from there, but for some reason, my laptop refused to connect to the wireless network at WMU. My iPad worked fine, so go figure. And I forgot to bring the charging cable for my iPad's wireless keyboard.

I planned to blog from the conference, because there was an interactive panel on medievalisms in video games (read, Bring Your Own Console and play).  I missed the panel, because I didn't feel like climbing a steep hill on this brown, slushy, muddy drink that officials at WMU tried to convince me was coffee.   I also forgot to take my sketchbook to actually draw while away. But I'm back, and I hope that means a return to normalcy and regularity.  

Anyway, here's a "Before and After" type of thing. I drew this little mourning scene with pencil and pen, and then I colored it using brush pens. Overall, I'm actually fairly happy with how it turned out. I may do some manipulations and digital recolorings later, but right now, I'm happy with this.













To summer. To art. To life. To loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment