05 May 2012

Graduation Time

It's been a hectic few weeks.  I've had to get three papers complete enough to turn in early, because Finals Week starts Monday. Normally, I wouldn't turn them in early, but I have a conference to attend next week as well. I'll be presenting at the International Congress on Medieval Studies, and I'm nervous. Why? Well, it's an international conference, and I'll be publicly reading in Old Irish and in Old Norse. The latter, I'm comfortable with, having done it numerous times. Irish is hard, and I'm still learning.  But it should be an interesting experience.

As to the title of the post, well, my sister just graduated from Belmont University with a Master of Sports Administration degree. I'm super proud of my little sister.  So, today's sketch is in her honor. Well, it's less of a sketch than it is a fully colored, single panel cartoon featuring Jack and Robin.


I sent the original to her as a congratulations card. She's a horse racing fan, so I had to reference the Kentucky Derby, which ran today.  She lost the money she bet, but that's how it usually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment